This one-day classroom based course will provide delegates with an introduction to environmental issues on construction sites. It is designed to meet the basic environmental knowledge that the sub-contract chain are required to prove to major contractors.
• Understand what is meant by the term ‘environment’
• How to deal with archaeology and heritage on a construction project
• Effective waste management
• Pollution controls, and why the environment should be protected
• The use of environmental management systems
• Why it is important to be a good neighbor and responsible contractor