This practical half day course is designed to teach your staff to effectively deploy and use an evacuation chair during an emergency requiring evacuation of a building.
- Explain why evacuation chairs are required and where they should be sited
- Examine the need for evacuation plans
- Incorporate the need to ensure that those who may require assistance during emergency are identified
- Understand how medical conditions and various types of disability can affect staff when evacuation is required
- Identify the possible problems associated with an evacuation
- Principles of manual handling to reduce injuries
- Practical use of the evacuation chair in the delegate’s environment