For delegates who require Qualitative face fit testing for their half mask and filtering face pieces, as stipulated in document OC 282/28 Para 24.
• It is vital for delegates to be clean-shaven on the day of training.
• Each Test lasts for approximately 15minutes per delegate
• Provide a filtering face-piece for each delegate. From experience we have found the FFP3
filtration to be a mask that fits 99% of people successfully, which is great for the client as they are relatively cheap and easy to get hold of.
• Explanation and Purpose of the Fit Testing Exercises
• Problem Solving
• Delegates are taught to put the tight-fitting mask on correctly and then have a hood placed over their head.
• The air inside the hood is then filled with a non-toxic, bitter aerosol.
• A series of movement tests are then performed to ensure an effective seal is maintained – if the delegate can taste the bitter flavour then an adequate seal has not been achieved.